à It is one of the ERPs
= Business. It involves following transactions Enterprise
Life Cycle of Business
SAMSUNG has different sectors worldwide
To maintain different transactions such as Invoice Bills, Purchase orders, Sales Orders, Payments, receiving, Supplier balance, Customer balance, terms and conditions etc of the above sectors with less affords, it is required to atomize the all transactions.
To atomize the all transactions, it is required to develop the new ERP or to use existing ERP.
1) Development of New ERP :
It may be developed by using software such as C, C++, Java, .Net, Oracle and etc….
Development of new ERP involves high risk i.e complete SDLC is to be followed.
1) Business Agreement and SDLC such as 1)Gathering Specs, 2) System Analysis 3) Designing
4) Architecture 5) Development 6) Testing 7) Sign Off
8) Implementation 9) Maintenance ( 8 and 9 are not part of SDLC )
Disadvantage in Development of New ERP
1) Time taken ( long time )
2) Project Cost is an expensive
3) Vendor Dependent ( Supplier )
4) Weather it may be succeeded or failed
5) Lot of Resources are required
6) Enhancement of the project
7) Chance of raising lot of Bugs.
8) Not is to maintain the project.
2) Existing ERP
Eg : Oracle Apps and SAP
Oracle Apps from the Oracle Corp.
SAP form SAP Labs
à Development is not necessary.
à Simply purchasing, Simple modifications ( Customization ), Enhancement and Implementation
1) Time will be reduced
2) Minimization of Cost.
3) Vendor independent.
4) Already Successfully implemented.
5) Much enhancements and modifications not necessary
6) Enhancement and Maintenance will be look after by the Supplier ( vendor)
7) Minimization of Resources.
With an existing ERPs 60 to 70 % of time will be reduced.
Only 30 to 40 % modifications are required to implement the existing ERP.
Generally any industry will spend only 10% of their turnover on the software.
Hence clients will prefer the exiting ERPs.
Existing ERPs in the Market
1) SAP 2) Oracle Apps, 3) Seibel 4) People Soft 5) JD Edwards 6) Baan
SAP à Best suitable for Manufacturing
Oracle Apps à Best suitable for Financials
SEIBEL à Best suitable for CRM ( Customer Relationship Management )
People Soft à Best suitable for HRMS ( Human Resources Management System )
JD Edwards à Best suitable for
Baan à Best suitable for Manufacturing
Recently the ERPs such as SEIBEL, People Soft, and JD Edwards were adapted by the ORACLE Corp…
Hence with oracle apps we can handle the Financials, CRM, HRMS and Manufacturing
Comparison between SAP and Oracle Apps
1) SAP is suitable for Manufacturing Modules
2) SAP uses the Oracle database and uses the
Sun Soft servers.
3) Client has to depend on the No.of Vendors
4) Implementation cost is more
5) Resources expensive
6) Only Large Scale industries can afford
7) Not Easy to develop and maintain the
8) It is an old ERP and having no. of customers
1) ORACLE APPS suitable for Financials, CRM,
2) Its Own Data base. Since Sun micro system has
been taken over by Oracle Corp, Sun servers
can be used directly.
3) Oracle Corp is responsible for all and need not
to depend on No.of vendors.
4) Implementation cost is less
5) Resources are economic
6) Small Scale Industries can also afford
7)Easy to develop and maintain the applications
8) New ERP having less No.of customers.